In 1949 Antonio Martelli, in a small workshop in via della Salita, just outside porta san Vitale in Bologna, produced that first automatic machine to manufacture wallets, it was used to cut and weld plastic for those products.
That machine was sold to REGIS and right after that the production of dosing and modelling machines for chocolates and washing powder started.
CAM started designing and producing the first italian cartoning machines, and the main innovation was the carton opening blade, designed and patented by Antonio Martelli. It was a simple double blade mechanism installed on hinges, which, once inserted inside the flat carton, opened it and put it in volume.
At the beginning of the fifties CAM started expanding.
In 1966 Guglielmo, Antonio’s son, took on his fathers’ job and started the construction of a new facility in Rastignano, which today is still in use.
Through the years the machine range has also expanded so that complete packaging lines for all industrial sectors can be offered, among which are the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and food ones.
Today the CAM brand is a well-known group and it consists of 14 manufacturing companies, 19 sales offices, with sales agents in 27 countries, 15 service points, able to provide technical support in any country of the world.
This year CAM turns 73 and, in order to celebrate the territory where it was born and where the headquarters are located, took part is the creation of “PIANORO Vecchio e Nuovo” the new book by Roberto Vitali which tells the story of this integration of past and present.